Monday, March 21, 2011

Movies, movies, movies.

Well surprisingly enough, Swing Time won! I was not expecting that one. Not that it isn't a good movie, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers are my absolute favorite couple, and their movies together are my faves! I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is so well known. :D

So
1st place:

Swing Time

2nd place:

Singin In The Rain

3rd place:
(tie between)

Wizard of Oz
Mary Poppins
My Fair Lady

Next poll:

Which is your favorite of these classic comedies?

It Happened One Night



Vivacious Lady



Ball of Fire



Philadelphia Story


Sabrina



Fancy Pants



His Girl Friday



Btw I finished Three Little Words and it was awesome! I loved it :D

Have fun voting!

Anna

6 comments:

  1. Philadelphia Story - is there a more perfect movie??? OMG Fancy Pants! I recorded it off AMC (when AMC showed you know - classic movies) but I lost my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened one night! One of my fav of all time, and the best comedy in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SG: Haha good pick! it seems it's gonna win too! Fancy Pants, was hilarious!
    Pandora: :D
    Camille: yeah it is SUPER cute!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is "It Happened One Night." I think it's a perfect movie, it has everything. And some of the best close-ups in the history of film, I think! That one where Claudette Colbert is lying on the hay and it goes to a very close shot of her face, and you can see tears begin to form and start to fall as the camera stays on her face....brilliant!
    -Lara (from Backlots)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an amazing one! :D Wow I watched it awhile ago, and I don't remember that scene. Will have to see it again I think :D hehe

    Anna

    ReplyDelete