Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Inspirations

So lately two blogs have really been inspiring me: All The Good Things and Via Margutta 51
Follow if you haven't yet, you won't  regret it!

I've been trying to come up with some ways to make the blog a bit more...colorful. With entertaining posts, and totally awesome polls! Hopefully you will see a bit more activity around here, HELP ME BRING SOME LIFE INTO IT!!!! Suggestions and requests are welcome, just email me at ALD1296@gmail.com

And now for a very famous Hollywood actress


Bette Davis: Considered one of the GREATEST actresses of all time, and I'm sure all of you have seen at least one movie with her, right?

Which is your favorite movie?

My personal favorite is June Bride which is one of the very few comedies she made. It was just incredibly good!

She was born April 5, 1908 and died on October 6, 1989, and according to one website made 121 movies. She was extremely talented and won the best actress Oscar twice.



There was also the constant battle between Joan Crawford and Bette, which resulted in several cutting quotes by Bette including this one: 
[commenting on the death of long-time nemesis Joan Crawford] "You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good . . . Joan Crawford is dead. Good."

Yeahhhh ouch huh? So despite the fact that they are all smiles in this picture, I can't help but notice they are very much forced. 

Have a great day everyone!


Anna

5 comments:

  1. There are so many of Bette Davis' movies that I need to see. I really like "The Petrified Forest."

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, thanks Anna, you're very kind. I'm glad you like my humble site :) Oh, I haven't seen "June Bride", I'll try to check it soon, thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Litabuff: I know same here! Never seen that one, have to check it out :D

    Clara: You're welcome!! It really is amazing :D You haven't?? Great! let me know if you get to watch it, it's sooo good! :D

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about the history of movie stars. Fascinating stuff. You are right about the forced smiles, and the quote from Bette about Joan says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! IT really is :D Haha I know it's ridiculous! haha XD :D

    Anna

    ReplyDelete